So math has never been my forte but I do know one thing. 2013 was a tough year for many of us. Are we surprised?! 13 is a famously unlucky number.
But here we are. It’s a new year. It’s 2014. 7 is a notoriously lucky number and 7 x 2 = 14 which means 2014 will be awesome.
OK, maybe I’m grabbing at straws here but I’m determined to kick this year’s butt and if some questionable math will help me put a positive spin on 2014 then so be it!
So to kick off the new year I want to share some things I’m excited for.
1) Exploring our new city: Yes, this is the very first blog post since our big move and I’m really looking forward to exploring our new city. So far I’ve found a dairy free bakery run by the cutest Eastern-European woman who always asks me where in Europe I’m from but pretends we’re BFF’s, a great Pad Thai place and VEGAN CUPCAKES!! Did I mention I love treats? This city is chalk-a-block full of them.
2) Reconnecting with friends and family: Moving to the city was a bit scary but we’ve been welcomed with open arms by old friends and new and we’re settling in pretty well. We’re also now a pretty quick drive away from The Husband’s family and childhood friends. I’m pretty lucky because they’re awesome and I love them and they’ve taken me in as one of their own. My Halifax friends. I MISS YOU. But fear not, I’m in good hands here.
I’m also exceptionally pumped to be closer to our Nieces and Nephew who live a fairly short drive away. They finally have figured out who we are and I love that we can take in a hockey game, or skating lesson, or a ridiculously competitive game of Just Dance 2014 whenever we want.
3) Juan-uary. Yes I still watch The Bachelor. This season just got started and the adorable Juan Pablo is the man of the hour. So during these chilly winter months we can take comfort in knowing there is some smut to look forward to every Monday!
4) Working out with The Husband: We’ve been going to the gym together for quite some time but always worked out on our own. We’re trying to take advantage of the gym in our building which is a touch small, but it’s forced us to join forces! I must say, I was a bit scared The Husband would morph into Jillian Michaels and scream at me all the time, but we’re working hard and having fun. Move over Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod!
5) Last but not least I’m very excited for January 29th. Why? It’s when our amazing friend Jared Keeso’s new show 19-2 debut’s on Bravo!! 19-2 was filmed in Montreal and is the English version of the already popular French-Canadian Police drama that shares the same name.
And if you don’t mind me getting sappy here for a moment I have to say how proud we are of Jared. We are always cheering for you pal, but we have a sneaking suspicion that 2014 is going to be an awesome one for you too. We miss you but can’t wait to have you on our TV every week!
Ok. Sap-fest over. Now check out the trailer and get DVR’ing, January 29th is coming up soon you know!
To everyone who felt a bit roughed up by 2013, I wish you a happy, healthy, and wonderful 2014. Lucky 7’s have to be good for something right?