Royal Wedding Photo Coincidence? I think not.

13 May

Recently a picture has been circulating the internet that has warmed our hearts even more and truly made us believe that the Royal Wedding between Kate Middleton and Prince William truly was a fairytale wedding. The picture below shows William and Kate next to newly-wed Disney characters and then shows Beatrice and Euginie (Fergie’s loovely daughters) next to an image of the ugly stepsisters from Cinderella.

When I saw this picture I swooned. I thought wow, these two really are the fairytale couple. Then my incredible knowledge of Disney movies got the best of me. Now let it be known I do not like raining on people’s parades especially that of the love story surrounding Will’s and Kate. But all you suckers out there need to know the truth. Those pictures are fake.

Let’s start with the Disney wedding that happens to look pretty much exactly like Willam and Kate. Who the hell are these two? The only brunette Disney Princess was Belle. Sometimes Sleeping Beauty looked like she had blonde hair but that is simply bad lighting – it was made in the 1950’s after all. Also, no Disney prince in history has been a member of the British Army, and if there was  one that I’m missing, I highly doubt her was recently dubbed Colonel of the Irish Guards which is what allowed William to sport that handsome suit on his wedding day.

This leaves us thinking that the photo must be of the one and only Cinderella. Cinderella had beautiful flowing blonde hair and did indeed marry her Prince Charming. However, after extensive research it is important to note that there is no proof that “Charming” is actually a Prince at all! In fact, the term Prince Charming is given to a man “with great attractiveness”, which I’ll give him. He is pretty hot for a cartoon. But if Prince Charming’s father dies, he will become the King of Nothing.

And finally we now must take a look at Beatrice and Eugenie. Although these poor girls are much like myself and have names most commonly found in an old folks home, they showed up looking like quite the spectacles at the Royal Wedding. Again, seeing the Disney picture of these two had me SO excited because I had said they look like the Ugly Stepsisters from Cinderella from the get go. Now while they’re outfits do have a striking resemblance to Drizella and Anastasia they are not actually in fact the same colour.

So today I must break the shocking news that these images circulating the internet are in fact fakes. Photoshop is a powerful tool my friends, and it has blindly lead us to believe that the Royal Nuptials were the product of a life imitating art phenomenon.

Below are the two original images from the Disney movies. I will preface this by saying I have used Photoshop to resize these photos but have made no other alterations to the photos.

Sorry kids. But you needed to know the truth.

Advertisements

23 Responses to “Royal Wedding Photo Coincidence? I think not.”

1. L-A May 13, 2011 at 8:54 am #

I was super stoked when I first saw the photo. But it was the stepsister’s dresses that got me thinking. Disney doing beige? Unpossible. Also, this was the only Disney movie I’ve watched multiple times (like, a sick amount of multiple times), so the colours didn’t sit right and I had to google.

Ah well. The interwebs occasionally needs a “The More You Know” moment about photoshop.

• staelight May 15, 2011 at 2:06 am #

Lighten up people have you ever heard of Hair Dye or bleaching,and no one is saying its just exactly like the story Cinderella but close enough for me, so the hair is a little different COLOR the thought is their. Too funny. Its a free speech world and people can say any thing and post what is funny to them,In fact when I was watching this on TV and saw those two silly girls get out of that car I thought right then Of Cinderella’s step sisters, I had to laugh and that stupid pink hat OMG. How embracing..So who cares if their hair is purple,black,white,blonde,gray. Disney has changed and altered many people in movies and made then look different.Disney MAY MAKE A NEW CARTOON WITH DIFFERENT COLOR HAIR…LOL and some had to do reach are you kidding me,like it has to be just right I say they have to much time on their hands. As far as Willian and Kate just though they look GREAT& BEAUTIFUL I did not even think of them in Cinderella till I saw this.Kate may of had blonde hair at one time?Did THEY do research on that too…I know many people that have gone from blonde to black to brown and I bet yall have too..

2. Amy May 13, 2011 at 8:59 am #

I’m so happy you posted this! I too shared the photo on Facebook but thought the same thing. “Waaaaait a minute…Cinderella was blonde…” I deleted it immediately 🙂

3. Scarlett May 13, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

“The only brunette Disney Princess was Belle”? Where’s the love for Snow White, y’all?

• This Needs to Stop May 13, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

I thought that might create a bit of a fuss. Snow White had black hair / pale skin which I think was a huge part of her appeal. Jasmine also had black hair but a great tan to boot.

• Alonwi June 5, 2012 at 6:28 am #

EXACTLY! Disney needs to make more brunette princesses!

• JJ November 29, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

Also Belle was never a princess 😀

• suimai January 10, 2013 at 9:53 am #

After she married her prince, she was a princess.

4. Rhi G. May 14, 2011 at 4:34 am #

Is it sad that I haven’t even seen these pics before the feed popped up on my Facebook page!? When I did see it I knew it was off from the get go! My daughter made me sit thru Cinderella for a full day after we bought it for her! But do people really have that much free time on their hands?

And was Snow White actually a princess? Its been many moons since I have seen that one! And Belle is not the only brunette…Rapunzel is the other one.

• staelight May 15, 2011 at 12:05 am #

Lighten up people have you ever heard of Hair Dye or bleaching,and no one is saying its just exactly like the story it but close enough for me, so the hair is a little different COLOR the thought is their. Too funny Its a free speech world and people can say any thing and post what is funny to them,In fact when I was watching this on TV and saw those to girls get out of the car I thought right then Of Cinderella’s step sisters, I had to laugh and that stupid hat in pink OMG. How embracing..So who cares if the hair is purple,black,white,blonde,gray. Disney has changed and altered many people in movies and made then look different.Disney MAY MAKE A NEW CARTON WITH DIFFERENT COLOR HAIR…LOL and some had to do reach are you kidding me,like it has to be just so so,to much time on your hands I say. As far as Willian and Kate just though they look great and did not even think of them in Cinderella till I saw this.Kate may of had blonde hair at one time????Did you do research on that too…I know many people that have gone from blonde to back to brown and I bet you have too..

• Alonwi June 5, 2012 at 6:31 am #

OH! Yeah, well she ends up brunette….I hadn’t thought of that! I love Tangled 🙂

Snow White was a princess…..her step mother was the evil queen, who married Snow’s father and ended up with the throne….according to most stories which means Snow White was of royal blood. Also, she marries a Prince…..

I do think this photo is good humour though and whoever did photoshop it has a brilliant sense of humour 🙂

5. Aileen May 14, 2011 at 11:17 am #

I have not seen a movie version of Rapunzel, but in the story is she not asked “Rapunzel, let down your golden hair”? Golden be blonde, not brunette, methinks. Anyway, the photos are funny, if not accurate.

6. Rhi G. May 15, 2011 at 1:16 am #

Only blonde until the last bit of the movie. So belles not the only brunette princess. Just sayin..

7. Diane May 15, 2011 at 2:01 am #

I think it’s meant to be funny. And if any of you out there actually believed this is a “fairytale” then you are all delusional – the royal family has not been fairytale worthy in years. Tabloids, maybe. So take it at face value and have a little giggle. Someone was being creative. And it was funny.

8. Rahni May 16, 2011 at 8:09 pm #

Who cares if its a fake? It’s funny! That was the point.

9. Kat May 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

When I first looked at it I knew it was changed – Duh, Cinderella’s hair is honey blonde. But I thought it was hilarious regardless. It was someone making a joke, not trying to point out the actual similarities.

10. Paulinius Jimenez July 4, 2012 at 4:17 am #

Drama queen!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Favourite Friday: Friday the (May) 13th Edition « Fashionable People, Questionable Things - May 13, 2011

[…] time I posted this. I didn't know right away, but the colours didn't sit right, so I had to google. This Needs to Stop explains it all.  Nevertheless…I thought it was cute. And it teaches us all a valuable lesson about photoshop and […]

2. Princesses Assessment « Sea and be Scene - May 13, 2011

[…] first blog shout out to our Kula girl Sylvia Creamer who’s blog “This Has to Stop” deals with the fake ‘photo’ – you go […]

3. Top Posts — WordPress.com - May 13, 2011

[…] Royal Wedding Photo Coincidence? I think not. Recently a picture has been circulating the internet that has warmed our hearts even more and truly made us believe […] […]

4. The Cinderella Crisis « Thinking Woman's Brain Vomit - May 13, 2011