I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Amber a few times and have always found her to be charming and funny, and I thought the perfect person to interview on This Needs to Stop. Based on all of the above, it’s pretty obvious that Amber’s a busy woman, so we were thrilled when she agreed to answer our questions!
1) How did you get started in tech reporting/podcasting, etc.? Where did the interest/inspiration come from?
I started doing tech reporting and podcasting thanks to working with the amazing Leo Laporte. He taught me all I know, as he does with others every day as part of his TWiT.tv network.
2) You’ve spent a lot of time in Halifax. What’s your favourite part about it?
My favourite part of Halifax is Spring Garden Road. I love the vibe there in the summertime and in the fall when all the students return to the city.
3) What’s your favourite city in Canada, and why?
My fave city in Canada is Charlottetown. It’s a small city, but it has everything you need from an active arts community to great restaurants.
4) What do you think is just the “bee’s knees”?
I am obsessed with the fisheye lens for mobile devices from PhotoJojo. It’s a must-have for a gadget and photo geek.
5) What do you think needs to stop?
I think people have to stop driving with kids in those crazy “carts” on the back of bicycles, really freaks me out.
6) Favourite things to do and see in Toronto?
When I’m in Toronto, I’m pretty much glued to my laptop so I appreciate the GTA’s Twitter community.
7) Sweet Valley High question: Are you Jessica or Elizabeth?
HAHA. I don’t know these ladies, but someone told me the other day I was like Betty from Betty and Veronica (not sure what that means either!).