The gold statuettes have been handed out, the boring speeches have been delivered, and the borrowed jewels have (hopefully) been returned. The 83rd Academy Awards have come and gone and the TNTs crew has compiled a list of highlights and lowlights. If you missed the Oscars, save yourself about four and a half hours and just read this post instead.
Oscar Night Bee’s Knees:
- Kirk Douglas. Everything about Kirk Douglas was wonderful. The fact that he didn’t want to get off the stage, his extreme elderly-ness and the way he threw the envelope on the floor. All wonderful.
- Melissa Leo dropping the F-bomb, going all crazypants and then stealing Kirk Douglas’s cane. One of the bright spots of the night. Definitely one of the more interesting speeches.
- Commenting on how high James Franco was many, many times during the course of the evening. He just seemed to get more and more progressively baked.
- The singing children.
TNTS: Oscar Edition
- Cate Blanchett‘s mustard stain. Gorgeous dress, could’ve done without the condiments. Listen, we get it. We too are spilly eaters. That’s why you wear an old t-shirt when you’re eating your pre-Oscars hot dog, not a couture gown.
- The fact that all the “good awards” are so late in the evening.
- The Nazi documentary infomercial that aired for an unfortunately long time near the beginning of the show. “Packed with new facts!”
- Nicole Kidman’s dress, which resembled a killer plant reaching up to smother her
What do you think, readers? Please share your Oscar thoughts in the comments!